Mount Kilimanjaro(Marangu route 5Days/4Nights)
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 75 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:5 Day(s)
- Mountaineering Tours
- Trekking and Hiking Tours
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- Marangu Gate
- Mandara Huts
- Horombo Huts
- Kibo Huts
- Uhuru Peak
Airport/Hotel or where you are stayingFrom: To:
7:00 AM 7:29 AM
Airport/Hotel or where you stayingFrom: To:
1:30 PM 2:30 PM
- Age Range 15 - 89 (Years Old)
- Reach the summit of iconic mount Kilimanjaro 5895m, Africa's highiest peak
- Follow the Marangu route, the most popular way earsiest and shortest to reach the summit
- Sleep in the confortable mountain hut with running water, bathrooms and solar light.
- Experienced and professinal mountain guides, cooks and with assistance of porters.
- All meals during the expedition(Breakfast, lunch and Dinners except breakfast on the first day of climbing and dinner on last day after the climbing.
Kilimanjaro Marangu route is also known as "Coca-Cola" or "Tourist route". its the easiest and shortest route to reach to the summit 5895m, high peak of Africa's summit above the sea level. And its only route with comfortable of sleeping huts with running water and solar lights plus confortable beds and pillow as well, the huts are communal and bunks have a sponge mattress. Marangu route earsily can be trekked in 5 days, but with additional extra day on day two at Horombo hut however can be advisable added one day of acclimatization, during that day you can trek to the Zebra rock and the saddle viewing point between Kibo peak and Mawenzi peak. Marangu route is a great option, as it's gradual and steady climbing without much difficulty although it is not the most scenic route as the ascent and descent are done through the same trail. And bear it in your mind that accilimatization is the key of success as so far at above the sea level 3700m comes familiar with high altitude, beside using the tablets like Diamox to reduce the risk of mountain sickness.
After breakfast at 07:00am picked up where you are staying and drive to Marangu gate 1820m about 45kms approx. 45 minutes, commencement you names and start trek to Mandara hut 2720m about 8kms takes 4-5 hours through via waterfalls the tropical rain forest belt famous for all the primates including the olive baboons, blue monkeys, back and white colobus monkeys, velvet monkeys and others. Upon your arrival short rest after coffee/tea and do a little time trek about 30 minutes up and down to Maundi crater view point to observe/sightseeing of might Kilimanjaro peak and lake chala. Dinner and overnight at Mandara hut Meals Plan(Lunch and Dinner)
After breakfast at 07:00am proceed trekking to Horombo hut 3780m with packed lunch on the way at picnic site about 13kms, takes 7-8 hours on the way you will across through the moorland watching different species of birds and other creatures, lunch at designated picnic site. Dinner and overnight at Horombo hut. Meals Plan(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
After breakfast on this day at 07:00am trek from Horombo hut to Kibo hut 4760 across the alpaline desert/gravel and sand with packed lunch across the last water point at designated picnic site, now the porter have to carry water up to Kibo hut because there is no running water. About 10kms which takes approx. 6-7 hours for overnight/some hours relax. Meals Plan(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
At the midnight start ascend to the summit 5895m(Africa's highest peak) before sunrise, and here its a bit high steep by the step of zigzag for about 6kms approx 6-7 hours Via the Gillman's point 5680m and Stella point4950m, after the short rest and taking up pictures descend down to Horombo hut for dinner and overnight through Kibo hut for breakfast about 16kms. Meals Plan( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
After breakfast at 07:00am proceeding descend down to Marangu gate with packed lunch about 20kms approx. 4-5 hours from Horombo hut via Mandara hut. At Marangu gate you will be awarded the certificate of where you have reached to the summit of Kilimanjaro, either Gillman's point 5665m or Stella point 5756mor to the summit of mighty Kilimanjaro 5895m, the peak of Africa on it's free standing mountain in the world. Picked up at Marangu gate and drive to Moshi town for overnight. Meals Plan(Breakfast and Lunch) End of expedition
- with us we able to pick you up at Airport/Hotel ot where you are staying at right time to make it happen.
- As well as the last day to drop you off.
- Our moutain guides, cooks and assistance of porters are all English speaking
- They have been in the tourism for sevel years on different routes
- All of our mountain guides are specialist for both botany and zoology
- All of Cook are professional with all the foon especially non vegetarian and vegerarian food.
- But for those who are dietary they can order according to their needs.
- And possible you can request your preferd food accordingly.
- Private Vehicle
- We arrange the transpot according to the number of Clients
- Confortable for Clients, mountain guide, cook and porters accordingly
- The first day day upon you arrival, after the rest to have briefing with your guide about the route, mountain gears and careness of expedition
- As you arrived in Tanzania if you are interest to walk around, you will be accompanied by our guide for free.
- Professional mountain guides, cook and assistance of porters
- All the Kilimanjaro park enty fees
- All the hut fees
- All meals during the expedition related to the number of days
- Mineral water for the fist day, the mountain water is safe regarding that if it's boilled or add the Aqua tablets on it.
- Tips to mountain guides, cooks and assistance porters
- Things of personal needs
- All our stuffs are vaccinated and self aweness of Covid 19 plus the Lodges/Lodges as well camps are also have the same phylosophy as we did respectively.
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 75 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Safari Moja Matata work with those Hotel, Lodges and Camps that have proven to uphold the health of our Clients and practices in accordance with the guidelines of the World Health Organization, Tanzania Ministry of Health and Tanzania Tourist Board. All of our stuffs including driver guides, cooks and porters are all vaccinated COVID 19 and this is safest and most secure option
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 7 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with safarimojamatata
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.