When you use AdventureRepubliq, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use AdventureRepubliq
We realise that people are unsure about entering their personal details into websites via the Internet. Below, we explain what information we collect from you, how we use and process your information, who we transfer it to etc.
When this policy mentions “AdventureRepubliq,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” the company that is responsible for your information under this Data Policy (the “Data Controller”).
A) WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use AdventureRepubliq, including when you sign up for an account, subscribe to our newsletter, download trip notes or travel articles, make a comment in our forums or to our travel articles, update your user profile, make a booking, or create or share content, and message or communicate with other travellers or tour operators etc. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo, the date of sign-up, or the date a file was created.
- When you sign up as a user:
When you manually sign-up as a user on AdventureRepubliq we collect the following information from you: first name, last name, nationality, and email address. You may furthermore provide additional information in your profile such as photo, date of birth etc.
When you sign in via Facebook we collect your data from your public profile, including your name, profile photo, email address, nationality and other information provided by Facebook.
When you sign in via Google+ we collect data from your Google+ profile, including your name, profile photo, email address, nationality and other information provided by Google+.
- When you make a booking
For us to process a booking for you, we collect some information from you. The information required may vary per booking, depending on which tour you wish to book, as it ultimately depends on what information our tour provider require to carry out the tour booked.
We always require your title, full name, date of birth, nationality, and contact number. For certain Products that you book we may also require: your passport number, passport issue date, passport expiry date, height in centimetre, dietary requirements, medical conditions (only the ones relevant from a travel perspective), travel insurance provider, travel insurance reference number, travel insurance contact number, next of kin name, next of kin relationship, next of kin contact number or email address, and other relevant details.
In order to confirm the booking of a Product on the website, Adventure Republiq also require your credit or debit card details and perhaps other financial details. Please note that we only store 4 of the 16 digits of your credit card for security reasons. The remaining information is passed on to Razorpay, the international and accredited payment gateway provider. We furthermore collect information about the Product purchase and transaction, including Metadata such as IP location, time of making the booking and other information.
- Messaging with users
When you communicate with AdventureRepubliq or use the AdventureRepubliq messaging service to communicate with other users and tour companies, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide, including Metadata. In such messages, you could, in theory, provide information about your religious views, political views, or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- When you provide trip notes, travel guides, e-newsletters or similar
When you subscribe to our newsletter, download trip notes for a trip, or download a travel guide, travel article or similar, we will collect and store your email address.
- Your usage
We collect information about how you use AdventureRepubliq, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the suppliers or users you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used AdventureRepubliq, and what travel articles, tour pages, and other content you view on AdventureRepubliq.
- Things others do and information they provide about you
We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use AdventureRepubliq. This can include information about you, such as when others send a message to you.
- Device Information
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with Adventure Republiq, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, and browser type.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, e.g. mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, associated with the same device or account.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, and IP address.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
B) HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below to provide and support the growth of AdventureRepubliq. Here’s how:
- Provide, personalise, measure and improve Adventure Republiq: We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to measure and personalize features and content (including your tour, destinations, currency and activity display) and make suggestions for you (such as Products or travel articles you may be interested in or travel topics you may want to follow in our forums etc.) To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your past browsing data on AdventureRepubliq; how you use and interact with our Products, tour companies, and users; and your geographical location.
- Location-related information: We use your current location (via IP address) to show you Product information in your local currency, including showing you relevant products and destinations, concerning your current location.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve AdventureRepubliq and its existing features, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features. We also use your information to share with other users e.g. how many users are currently active in the Product you’re looking at, or if a user has recently booked a Product in a given destination or region.
- Provide measurement and analytics: We use the information we have to understand the usage of AdventureRepubliq better, to know how many people use it, and how they use it.
- Promote safety, integrity and security: We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad user experiences, maintain the integrity of AdventureRepubliq, its Products, and data, and promote safety and security on AdventureRepubliq, and for all the data we collect.
C) HOW IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
Upfront, we do not sell any of your information to anyone. Your information is shared with other parties in the following ways:
- Suppliers of Products:
We are required to communicate and share your information with the supplier with which you booked a Product so that the supplier knows your required booking information and when you will be starting your Product. We give your name, your nationality, your phone number, your email address, and other information provided, including all the information entered into the booking form, when making a booking, and other information collected post-booking, to the supplier. The supplier requires this information to process your tour. The supplier and other users will furthermore receive all the information that you pass to them via our messages and chat system inside AdventureRepubliq. All suppliers on whose behalf we facilitate bookings of Products have agreed to the AdventureRepubliq terms and conditions and accepted this AdventureRepubliq Data Policy.
- People and Suppliers that you share and communicate with:
The users and suppliers with who you communicate will receive all the information shared and communicated. In order to help and assist you, we furthermore share all this information with a few select AdventureRepubliq staff so that they can assist you better with your communication, existing or upcoming Product bookings. When you make an enquiry via AdventureRepubliq and respond back to e.g. a supplier via email, this information still goes through AdventureRepubliq and is shared with the supplier, via AdventureRepubliq, as well as the few select AdventureRepubliq staff.
- Public information:
Public information on AdventureRepubliq can in principle be seen by everybody, including if other people don’t have an account in AdventureRepubliq. This includes comments you make in our forums, comments to a travel article or blog post. We may furthermore share questions or concerns that you raised with AdventureRepubliq’s Customer Service, and provide an answer to such questions publicly, to better assist other users of AdventureRepubliq.
- Content others share or reshare about a page on which you’ve contributed some content:
When you post a comment, make a review, upload an image, or in any other way make some information publicly available on AdventureRepubliq, such information may be shared via AdventureRepubliq or other channels by other users.
Information about your active status:
When you’re logged in and on AdventureRepubliq other people will be able to see signals telling them that you’re active, or when you last used AdventureRepubliq when they check your profile.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using AdventureRepubliq:
When you do a login with Facebook or Google+, they will know that you logged into AdventureRepubliq, so this information is shared with Facebook and Google. The same applies if you do a social media share or like with a social media channel such as e.g. Facebook, Google+ or another third party platform.
If the ownership or control of all or part of AdventureRepubliq changes, we may transfer the information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners:
We share analytics and browsing data with third parties such as Google, Facebook, Hotjar and other third parties for marketing and analytics purposes, including improving AdventureRepubliq as a product. Most of this data is, however, only accessible in an aggregate manner.
Our auditors and other people may have access to some of your booking data, but merely from a legal perspective, e.g. when we’re having our accounts audited by an accredited auditor company.
Vendors and service providers:
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Law enforcement or legal requests:
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests.
D) WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the AdventureRepubliq profile page;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary for our (or others) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable travel service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
F) DATA RETENTION, ACCOUNT DEACTIVATION, AND DELETION
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and AdventureRepubliq as a product.
This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
For all files submitted via AdventureRepubliq’s message system, we will delete any file with a storage time of 24 months or more.
If you decide to close your AdventureRepubliq account from your AdventureRepubliq profile page, we will deactivate your account and delete all your profile information. Please note, however, that we in our files may retain some information associated with your account and past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
As a registered AdventureRepubliq user, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time on the AdventureRepubliq profile page. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your AdventureRepubliq account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
G) HOW DO WE RESPOND TO LEGAL REQUESTS OR PREVENT HARM?
We want you to feel confident about using AdventureRepubliq, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us.
For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from this website, AdventureRepubliq has no control over that other website. Accordingly, AdventureRepubliq cannot guarantee that the controller of that website will respect your privacy in the same manner as AdventureRepubliq.
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off AdventureRepubliq.
AdventureRepubliq is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
People below 18 years old will not be able to make a tour booking.
H) HOW DO WE OPERATE AND TRANSFER DATA AS PART OF OUR GLOBAL SERVICES?
We share internally within the AdventureRepubliq Companies and externally with our partners and with those you chat and message with around the world in accordance with this policy.
Information controlled by AdventureRepubliq will be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in India or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy.
I) HOW WILL WE NOTIFY YOU OF ANY CHANGES MADE?
We may update our Data Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Data Policy on this page.
You are advised to review this Data Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Data Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
J) HOW TO CONTACT ADVENTURE REPUBLIQ FOR ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
The data controller responsible for your information is AdventureRepubliq who you can contact here.