Kilimanjaro Climb Marangu Route
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 30 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:6 Day(s)
- Mountain Tours
- Camping & Stargazing Tours
- Jeep & 4WD Tours
- LGBTQ Tours
- Nature & Sightseeing Tours
- Photography Tours
- Trekking and Hiking Tours
- Unique Adventure Tours
- Wheelchair Accessible Tours
- Womens Adventures Tours
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- For Art Lovers
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Mandara Huts
- Horombo Huts
- Kibo Huts
- Uhuru Peak
- Horombo Huts
- Marangu Gate
Kilimanjaro International AirportFrom: To:
5:10 PM 5:20 PM
7:10 AM 7:25 AM
- Age Range 9 - 100 (Years Old)
Known as the Coca-Cola route, the Marangu route is a classic trek on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the oldest, most well established route. Many favor the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope.
Known as the Coca-Cola route, the Marangu route is a classic trek on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the oldest, most well established route. Many favor the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope. It is also the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations. The minimum days required for this route is five, But spending an extra acclimatization day on the mountain is recommended when climbing Kilimanjaro using the Marangu route.
After breakfast, you meet you guide and drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence the climb. Walk through the rainforest alongside the impressive vegetation, you will have the chance to catch a glimpse of some primates as you head to the Mandara Hut. After a well-earned rest, your guide can take you to the Maundi Crater where you can enjoy the wonderful view of the Kenyan interior.
After breakfast, leave Mandara Hut and Kilimanjaro’s forests for Horombo Hut. Most of the day’s hike will be through Kilimanjaro’s moorland, a rocky landscape with desert-like plants. Eat a picnic lunch at KambiyaTaabu before continuing to Horombo Hut.
Today is an acclimatization day with a hike up and down during the day. Tonight we sleep again at Horombo Hut.
Walk through moorland then alpine desert to ``The Saddle`` between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo. From here you will walk for about an hour to reach Kibo hut.
Very early start for the summit on steep scree up to Gillman's Point (5681m) which is on the crater rim. Continue around the rim (which will take about two hours if you are fit) to Uhuru Peak (5895m) the highest point in Africa. Descend to Kibo Hut for tea and biscuits or soup and then down to the thicker air an relative warmth of Horombo hut.
Descend to Marangu gate. Drive back to the hotel.
|Kilimanjaro||2||Hotel||Kilimanjaro crane hotel||4 Star||Private|
- Airport Transfer
All transfers to the airport
Professional, experienced, mountain guides
All meals while on the Mountain
- Jeep & 4WD
All transfers to and from the hotel
- All transfers to the mountain and back to your Moshi hotel
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Guides, Porters, Cook salaries and park fees
- Quality, waterproof, four-season mountain sleeping tents (on twin sharing basis)
- Sleeping Mattress
- Emergency Oxygen Cylinder
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Conservation fees (part of park fees)
- Camping or Hut fees (part of park fees)
- Extra Services
We do follow all rules and precautions of COVID 19
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 30 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 50 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 60 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with Kilimanjaro Habitas
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.