Half-day in the Danube Delta Birdwatching tour, Romania
- Duration 03:00 Private Tour Available
- From ₹ 5,830.50
About this activity
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 7 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:03:00 HH:MM
- Boat Cruise
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Safaris
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Laid Back
- Recommended For
- Bunica Maria
Bunica MariaFrom: To:
8:10 AM 3:10 PM
Bunica MariaFrom: To:
12:11 PM 7:11 PM
- Age Range 3 - 99 (Years Old)
- The Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve was included in the List of World Cultural and Natural Heritage in 1990 (UNESCO World Heritage) when it was recognised as a wetland of international importance, especially as a wildfowl habitat.
- At 2,200 square miles, the Danube Delta is regarded as one of Europe’s largest wetlands, laced with branches of the main river, marshland, canals and reeded islands. It has the most extensive area of compact reed beds in the world.
- The Danube Delta is the best preserved of Europe’s delta ecosystems. It is the perfect breeding ground for thousands of birds that migrate there from around the world. More than that, a Danube Delta birding watching tour can be a rewarding one year-round.
- The Biosphere Reserve is the world’s third-largest area for biodiversity, following only Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands in the number of species (5,500 types of flora and fauna) it supports.
- Important species found while on a Danube Delta bird watching tour include Pygmy Cormorant, White Pelican, Dalmatian Pelican, White-tailed Eagle, Ferruginous Duck, Red-breasted Goose, Glossy Ibis, Marsh Harrier, Purple Heron, Spoonbill, Kingfisher, Squacco Heron, White Stork, Caspian Tern, Red-footed Falcon and Roller.
- Our Danube Delta Bird Watching tour also has a conservation focus, highlighting the Carasuhat area. Since 1993 this has been part of an ecological reconstruction project, returning former agricultural land in the Danube Delta to a natural habitat for breeding birds.
Half-day in the Danube Delta – Birdwatching tour is a half-day bird watching and wildlife tour around the beautiful Danube Delta. This tour includes a boat trip that will give you a real taste for bird watching in the Danube Delta and a late lunch in a family-owned eco-lodge with home-cooked traditional meals using fresh fish and other local ingredients. The trip last around three hours, offering you the opportunity to see an abundance of wildlife in a gentle and relaxed way. This small-group birding tour is led by an English-speaking guide who knows the Danube Delta very well and can introduce you to some of its hidden charms. You will visit distinct ecosystems on your Danube Delta birding tour in Romania. There are wetlands of water channels and lakes, forests and areas of reclaimed agricultural land in the Carasuhat area that have been a focus of conservation efforts. The Danube is Europe’s second-longest river, rising in Germany and emptying into the Black Sea at the Romanian coast. A bird watching tour in the peaceful green landscapes of the Danube Delta is a tonic for the mind, enabling you to wind down from your busy life and just enjoy being in nature.
- Services of a professional guide, english speaking, complete with a supply boat
- Boat cruises in customised passenger boats
- All entrance and camping fees for the Danube Delta Natural Reserve
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- All Applicable Taxes
- Personalised checklists
- All flights
- Staff gratuities
- Optional safari extensions
- Any drinks at lodge
- Travel & medical insurance (incl. personal equipment and repatriation)
- Airport transfer - available with extracosts
- Anything else not mentioned in “What is included”
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 7 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 7 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with Prodan Andrei Turism Pfa
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.