Climb Mount Meru
- Days 03
- From ₹ 109,850.00
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 3 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:3 Day(s)
- Mountaineering Tours
- Nature Tours
- Trekking and Hiking Tours
- Travel StylePremium
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- For Art Lovers
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Momella Gate
- Mount Meru
At Your hotelFrom: To:
7:00 AM 9:00 PM
Your hotelFrom: To:
2:00 PM 5:00 PM
- Age Range 10 - 100 (Years Old)
Mount Meru stands at a height of 4,566 m, and mark as the second highest mountain in Tanzania and the fifth highest on the African Continent. Its distinct appearance was formed around 250,000 years ago by a tremendous volcanic eruption that destroyed the entire eastern flank, leaving a horseshoe-shaped crater. Not only does Mount Meru boast impressive views and diverse vegetation, it also gives you the chance to see some wildlife in the form of a walking safari.
After breakfast depart Moshi about 8:30 a.m drive to Momella gate. Make payment and start the climb with picnic lunch to the first hut called Miriakamba hut. Dinner and overnight - Miriakamba hut (3 ½ hrs).
After breakfast we proceed with a climb to second hut called Saddle. This is too steep part compared to the first part (2 ½). During the afternoon, client can decide to attempt climbing little Meru peak and back. Dinner and overnight - Saddle hut.
Wake up at middle-night and have a cup of tea before starting attempt big Meru peak. Proceed to summit crossing rocky path and back to Saddle hut for full breakfast. Then short rest and leave Saddle hut and descend down to Momella gate via first hut (Miriakamba). On the way back you path though Momella Lakes for a game viewing to Moshi.
- Private Vehicle
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- mountain tents
- Sleeping Mats
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- 2- way airport transfers
- Supplemental Oxygen & Pulse Oximeter
- 2 nights of accommodation at Park view inn or Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel
- Extra Services
- Tips to mountain crew
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$100 per toilet + toilet tent)
We do follow all steps to be safe under the guidelines of WHO
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 3 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Communicate with Ndaga Tours And Safaris
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.