Climb Mount Kilimanjaro Via Marangu Route
- Days 05 Private Tour Available
- From ₹ 126,750.00
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 7 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:5 Day(s)
- Backpacking Tours
- Camping and Stargazing Tours
- Cultural Walking Tours
- Mountaineering Tours
- Nature Tours
- Trekking and Hiking Tours
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- For Art Lovers
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Marangu Gate
- Mandara Huts
- Horombo Huts
- Kibo Huts
- Uhuru Peak
Kilimajaro International AirportFrom: To:
12:00 AM 12:00 PM
Kilimanjaro international AirportFrom: To:
12:00 AM 12:00 PM
- Age Range 10 - 80 (Years Old)
The trail goes through lush rainforest, heath and moorland to alpine desert and ultimately the arctic zone at the peak and same route down.
The Marangu Route has been referred to as the ‘Coca Cola’ route and this has led potential climbers to think that it is an easy route to the summit. This is far from the truth to be honest! The fact that it requires a minimum of 5 days to complete it does not mean that it is easier than any other route. The only reason that people say it is easier is because it is the only route up where you sleep in huts as opposed to tents. An optional acclimatization day at Horombo Huts is highly recommended for those with no prior trekking in altitude experience under their belt.
Elevation: 1830m/6000ft to 2740m/9000ft Departing from Moshi a 45-minute drive will take you through the Village of Machame to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate. We will patiently wait for our permits to be issued while watching the hustle and bustle of operations as many crews prepare for the journey ahead Enjoy the beautiful rainforest scenery and windy trails while your guide tells you about the local flora and fauna and natural wildlife. At these lower elevations, the trail can be muddy and quite slippery. We highly recommend gaiters and trekking poles here.
Elevation: 2740m/9000ft to 3690m/12,100ft After a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast, we emerge from the rain forest and continue on an ascending path, through heathland, looking for giant lobelias and groundsels. Continue up into open moorlands where small shrubs are the main vegetation. Stop halfway for lunch, to enjoy amazing views of Mawenzi. Arrive at the Horombo Huts late afternoon beneath the spectacular Kibo Summit viewpoint. Temperatures begin to drop.
Elevation: 3690m/12,100ft to 4695m/15,400ft After breakfast, we continue on through the dwindling heathland that blends into a moonscape as you enter the sweeping saddle connecting Mawenzi and Kibo. Here while we stop for lunch, and later when you cross this surprisingly large saddle, you can examine the summit climb up Kibo that you will be starting in just a few hours.
Elevation: 4695m/15,400ft to 5895m/19,340ft Descent to 3690m/12,100ft Excitement is building as morning comes with an early start between midnight and 2 a.m. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. We continue our way to the summit in a switchback formation through trying to stay warm and focused on the amazing sense of accomplishment that lies ahead. With a switchback motion, we ascend through heavy scree and possibly snow towards Gillman’s Point on the crater rim. You will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise during your short rest here. Faster hikers may view the sunrise from the summit. From here on your remaining 1 hour ascent to Uhuru Peak, you are likely to encounter snow all the way. Congratulations, one step at a time you have now reached Uhuru Peak the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the entire continent of Africa! After photos, celebrations and maybe a few tears of joy we take a few moments to enjoy this incredible accomplishment. We begin our steep descent down to Mweka Camp, stopping at Barafu for lunch and a very brief rest. We strongly recommend gaiters and trekking poles for uncooperative loose gravel and volcano ash terrain. Well-deserved rest awaits you to enjoy your last evening on the mountain. Overnight Mweka Camp.
Elevation: 3690m/12,100 to 1830m/6000ft After breakfast and a heartfelt ceremony of appreciation and team bonding with your crew, it’s time to say goodbye. We continue the descent down stopping at the Mandara Huts for lunch. Remember to tip your guides, cooks, and porters, since you will be leaving them here. You return back to the Marangu Park Gate and receive your summit certificates. As the weather is drastically warmer, the terrain is wet, muddy and steep and we highly recommend Gaiters and trekking poles. From the gate, a vehicle will meet you to drive you back to your hotel in Moshi (about 45 minutes). Enjoy a long overdue hot shower, dinner, and celebrations!! Overnight at Moshi Hotels B&B. before being transferred to your journey home, safari or a relaxing trip to Zanzibar.
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 Season mountain tents
- Double layered Sleeping Mats
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Wages of professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- Katadyn filtered water throughout the trek
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain
- Pre & Post Trek accommodation at the Weru Weru River Lodge (or alternative) on Bed & Breakfast Basis
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Supplemental Oxygen & Pulse Oximeter
- 2- way shared airport transfers (for private transfers it costs $20 extra per vehicle)
- 10% discount on meals at selected restaurants in Moshi Town
- Extra Services
- Local and International flights
- items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$150 per toilet + toilet tent)
- A doctor for the group
We do recommend the precautions addressed by WHO such as:
Wear a mask in public, stay 6 feet apart from others, avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces. You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you've been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, get tested and stay home and away from others.
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 7 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 1 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with Mori Tours
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.