Birdwatching Tour in the Danube Delta
- Days 03
- From ₹ 20,280.00
About this activity
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 7 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:3 Day(s)
- Boat Cruise Tours
- Eco Tourism
- Photography Tours
- Wildlife Safari Tours
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Laid Back
- Recommended For
- Bunica Maria
Bunica MariaFrom: To:
2:00 PM 8:24 PM
Bunica MariaFrom: To:
10:00 AM 12:00 PM
- Age Range 3 - 99 (Years Old)
- A Biosphere Reserve was included in the List of World Cultural and Natural Heritage in 1990 (UNESCO World Heritage) when it was recognised as a wetland of international importance, especially as a wildfowl habitat.
- At 2,200 square miles, the Danube Delta is regarded as one of Europe’s largest wetlands, laced with branches off the main river, marshland, canals and reeded islands. It has the most extensive area of compact reed beds in the world.
- It is the best preserved of Europe’s delta ecosystems. It is the perfect breeding ground for thousands of birds that migrate there from around the world. More than that, a bird watching trip to this area can be a rewarding one year-round.
- The Biosphere Reserve is the world’s third largest area for biodiversity, following only Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands in the number of species (5,500 types of flora and fauna) it supports.
- Important species found while birding include Pygmy Cormorant, White Pelican, Dalmatian Pelican, White-tailed Eagle, Ferruginous Duck, Red-breasted Goose, Glossy Ibis, Marsh Harrier, Purple Heron, Spoonbill, Kingfisher, Squacco Heron, White Stork, Caspian Tern, Red-footed Falcon and Roller.
- Our Birding Danube Delta tour also has a conservation focus, highlighting the Carasuhat area. Since 1993 this has been part of an ecological reconstruction project, returning former agricultural land in the Danube Delta to a natural habitat for breeding birds.
Birdwatching in the Danube Delta is a three-day bird watching tour around the beautiful Danube River as it ends its journey through Europe in Romania. Your stay includes two nights’ accommodation in a family-owned eco lodge with home-cooked traditional meals using fresh fish and other local ingredients. The holiday also includes a boat trip to go birding, a full day one (around 6 hours on the boat), offering you the opportunity to see an abundance of wildlife in a gentle and relaxed way. This small-group birding tour is led by an English-speaking guide who knows area very well and can introduce you to some of its hidden charms. The Danube is Europe’s second longest river, rising in Germany and emptying into the Black Sea at the Romanian coast. The peaceful green landscapes of the Delta’s wetlands are a tonic for the mind, enabling you to wind down from your busy life and just enjoy being in nature.
We give you a warm welcome to our guesthouse and the Danube Delta. After you have made yourself comfortable in your room you can take a stroll before dinner to see something of our village and visit the shores of the Danube, or just enjoy the facilities we have to offer in our accommodation. After dinner, over a glass of local wine, we will chat to you about what to expect during your stay. We will also run through some information about safety on our boat trips.
After an early breakfast, we will take the five-minute walk to where our boat is moored. Our trip today will last about six hours. During the boat trip you'll have the chance to see lot of birds. With luck we will find Kingfishers, White-tailed Eagles, Pelicans, Purple, Grey and Squacco Herons, White and Little Egrets, Glossy ibis, and many other interesting species. We may also see an East Asian Raccoon Dog, wild cats, wild boar and Eurasian Otters. We return to the guesthouse for a lunch of traditional fish dishes, followed by a short rest. Later on, we recommend a walk in the Bestepe Hill Natural Reserve. This will offer you a beautiful panoramic view of the entire Danube Delta and its myriad landscapes. The reserve is a rare, protected area where steppe meadows can be found. The limestone and siliceous substrates of this area promote the growth of a wide range of plant species. If weather conditions are right you can enjoy and photograph a spectacular sunset from the Reserve.
After a leisurely breakfast it's time to depart, hopefully with many memories of the amazing Danube Delta. As we say our goodbyes, we hope you will return soon.
|Mahmudia||2||Guesthouse||Bunica Maria||3 Star||Shared|
Boat cruises in customised passenger boats
- Pickup & Drop-Off
- Extra Services
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 7 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 100 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 30 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with Prodan Andrei Turism Pfa
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.