14 days Everest Base Camp Trek
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 4 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:14 Day(s)
- Nepal Trekking and Hiking Tours
- Backpacking Tours
- Eco Tourism
- Trekking and Hiking Tours
- UNESCO Tours
- Unique Adventure Tours
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal
Hotel in Kathmandu
- Age Range 10 - 90 (Years Old)
- Great opportunity to introduce with Sherpa cultural during a trekking
- Full day sightseeing tour to UNESCO World Heritage Sites Historical and religious place in Kathmandu
- Find yourself in the most stunning and thrilling place ever you have imagined to be
- Experience the warmest hospitality and the quality services provided by locals
- Witness the close view of world highest mountains like Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse
- Behold the 360-degree breathtaking view from Kalapatthar (5555m)
- Revel in the natural wonders of the Khumbu region
Everest Base Camp trek, the best trekking adventure in the foothills of the tallest mountain in the world, where the four of world's six tallest peaks including Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu and, of course, the Everest (8848m) can be witnessed clearly. The trekking trail in a thrilling way takes you to the UNESCO world's heritage sites, ethnic Sherpa village, town, small settlements, Buddhist Monasteries, galvanize vantage point, the mesmerizing mountain glimpse and decisively to the base camp of Mt. Everest. It is also a great opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay set off to in 1953. Nothing beats the thrill and sense of triumph that grasp travelers on beholding the power and elegance of the ferocious Everest up close. It is a memory to be cherished for lifetime!
As soon as you arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu you will be transferred to the hotel by our representatives. You will then be briefed about the travel itinerary. Overnight stay at the hotel.
From this day the trip will start formally by sightseeing in Kathmandu. In this day, you will explore different religious and historical places that are situated in Kathmandu like Pashupatinath temple, Monkey Temple, Boudhanath and Kathmandu durbar square. You will visit Pashupatinath Temple, which is listed in a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and is one of the most sacred Hindu shrines across the world. Similarly, Monkey temple or Swyambhunath Temple is another historical temple which is again enlisted by UNESCO in its world heritage list. This is visited by Buddhist and Hindu people alike. Boudhanath, is another important Buddhist site with largest and unique whitewashed dome. The Tibetan people living around the stupa have preserved this cultural heritage site without degrading its aesthetic value. Moreover, Kathmandu Durbar square, it is renowned for fine arts and architectures. You can visit kumari ghar, kal bhairav temple, Ashok binayak temple, Shova bhagwati, Mahadev-Parbati temple and national museum and get chance to know about the lifestyles of native people. Overnight stay in Kathmandu hotel.
Today, you will take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla which takes around 35 minutes. From Lukla, you will be heading towards Phakding (2652 m). Taking 35 minutes of flight to Lukla, your trip begins after climbing up to the slope on the left bank of DudhKoshi River. On the way, you can view the magnificent beauty of KusumKangaru, Mt Kwondge and you pass a few tea houses and Mani walls. Overnight stay at a tea house.
Leave Phakding and move towards Namche Bazaar where the trail passes through the majestic waterfalls, villages sprinkled with magnificent forests of Rhododendron, hulking fir trees, and magnolia. And on the way to walk you will be rewarded the first glimpse of Kusum Kanggru (6369m) Thamserku (6608m) Everest (8,848 m) and Nuptse (7879 m) then a steep climb to the beautiful village of Namche Bazaar (3440m). Overnight stay at a tea house.
On this day, acclimatize your body is important before proceeding to a higher elevation hiking to Thame, small Sherpa village or explore Namche Bazaar which has government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants and a colorful market every Friday evening and Saturday. Visit the Tourist Visitor Centre which houses displays on the first Everest ascent, Sherpa culture, plants and animals of the Everest region. If you get some time then you can go for relaxing. Overnight stay in tea house.
As you leave Namche behind, make your way through rushing Dudh Koshi River along the outstanding natural scenery to Phunke Tenga ascend your way to Tengboche. Kwongde (6187m) Tawache (6542 m) Everest (8,848 m) Nuptse (7855m) Lhotse (8618m) Amadablam (6856m) Thamserku (6608m) offers an inspiring panorama of gigantic Himalayan. Visit the Tengboche monastery, the largest monastery in the Khumbu region and get a close encounter with the Himalayas. Overnight stay in tea house.
Head to Dingboche from Thyanboche. The valley progressively gives details as you move toward the following of the Lobuche River. From here you will move down into the River to set in motion for the last and vertical climb of the day until you reach Dingboche. As you reach there you will see a striking display of fields surrounded by stone walls for the protection of Barley, Potatoes, Buckwheat and animals grazing. Dingboche is commonly known as \"The Summer Valley\" of the Khumbu region and has Mani walls and prayer wheels lined along the village. Overnight stay in tea house.
Today\'s trail is a bit difficult as you will be reaching at the higher elevation, so the trek will gradually be ups and downs. Walking along the side of Imja River you will ascend your way towards Dusa village and then to Thokla pass (4830m). Here you can witness the memorial stupas dedicated to the climbers and trekkers who lost their lives during the Everest summit. The walk from here is along the lateral moraine of Khumbu glacier. Enjoy the views of mountains as you reach Lobuche for overnight stay.
The day comes to get you in the midst of the world\'s highest Mountain. As you are moving towards the Gorakshep the trail leads through the giant Khumbu glacier. On reaching the last human settlements of the region, the journey takes you to the final destination of the day, Everest Base Camp. See the Mountains which are covered with snow- capped startling in the entire region counting the top of the world called Mount Everest. From there, the view of Khumbu glacier and the icefall are just wonderful to enjoy. Experiencing a beautiful moment in the base camp witnessing the views of snow capped mountain, make your way back to Gorakshep.Overnight stay in tea house.
Your dreams come true as you take a short hike to Kalapathar which immense an opportunities to get the panoramic incredible sights of sunrise over the magnificent highest Himlayas. Find yourself in the midst of Everest Massif. Behold the views of towering marvelous Mount Everest (8848m), Nuptse (7861m), Pumori (7165m), Lhotse (8414m) and many others. After spending enough time in the mountains trek back to Pheriche for overnight stay.
Journey back to Namche from Pheriche is quite easy and comfortable as it traverses through several Sherpa settlement areas and alluring villages. Overnight stay in tea house.
The trek continues further downhill as you reach Lukla after almost seven hours of trek. You will be staying in Lukla for the rest of the day and prepare yourself to board a flight back to Kathmandu the next day.
Take a scenic mountain flight about of 30 minutes and enjoy the exhilarating mountain flight with the last great scenery of Himalayas. The rest of the time in Kathmandu, you can roam around the market areas for shopping and buying souvenirs to your loved ones. In the evening, you will participate in cultural dinner program organized by a Himalayan Recreation Team .Overnight stay in Kathmandu Hotel.
The trip ends today! You will be transferred to the airport by one of the representatives for the flight back to your country. We hope you had a great time with us. Safe travel to you!!
- Domestic Airfare from Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu including airport tax
- Pick and drop off at airport
- A government license holder English speaking trekking guide
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) during trekking period
- Ground transportation charge while returning back to Kathmandu from trekking destination
- Porter to carry your baggage (one porter for two trekkers)
- Farewell dinner prior to departure
- First aid kit
- Himalayan Recreation T- shirt and duffle bag
- TIMS card (Trekker's Information Management System)
- Require trekking permit and government documentation
- All government taxes, VAT and other service charges
- Food, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation and local tax for guide and porter
- Kathmandu sightseeing guided tour
- Your Travel insurance
- Nepal visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Tips for guide and porter
- Personal shopping and laundry, Personal trekking equipments, Gifts and souvenirs
- All item not listed in cost included section
Due to the uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic, we can only offer a non-refundable deposit option. We encourage you to offer the customer to reschedule the booking with you. If that's not possible, we will convert the non-refundable deposit into a store credit for the customer. No cash refunds will be issued. Payments will only be transferred to you 1 day post the arrival date.
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 4 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 100 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 7 day(s) prior departure
Good To Know
- Minimum age is 8 years
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A maximum of 18 people per booking
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day.
- Documents we need for Permit: Passport photo copy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months, 2 passport size photo., Occupation, Home details address
- 200 USD per group Extra if you favor having others language speaking guide unless English
- Need to send us your Nepal arrival details to pick you from Airport.
Communicate with Himalayan Recreation Treks and Expedition Pltd
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.