Swayambhunath half day tour
- Duration 04:00 Private Tour Available
- From ₹ 2,957.50
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 15 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:04:00 HH:MM
- Cultural Walking Tours
- Wheelchair Accessible Tours
- Travel StylePremium
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Swayambhunath Stupa
5:00 AM 8:00 PM
5:00 AM 8:00 PM
- Age Range 16 - 80 (Years Old)
Paranormal view of Kathmandu
Swayambhunath meaning self incarnated and also known as Monkey temple as there are lots of holy monkeys. The history of Swyambhunath starts before the settlement began in the valley. According to the legend, the Bodhisattva Maha Manjushree had the vision of the lotus at Swyambhunath and traveled there for a prayer from great China. Later he realized Kathmandu had the possibilities of human settlement so he then cut the hill of chovar with his mighty sword to create a gorge, from where all the water from the valley drained. Once a lake, now the valley became accessible for Human settlement. Swayambhunath now a UNESCO world heritage site consist of various shrines and temples dated back to the ancient period. You can see the Valley from the top of a hillock. It lies just three kilometers west of the city center. The Stupa is one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal & often visited by Hindus with huge respect. Thus, Swayambhunath has been melting pot between Hinduism and Buddhism.
We take strict Covid safety measures.
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 15 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 15 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with Himalayan Circuit Team
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.