Materuni Waterfall & Coffee tour
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 2 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:08:00 HH:MM
- Waterfall Tours
- Culture & Walking Tours
- Nature & Sightseeing Tours
- Travel StyleBudget
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- For Art Lovers
- Materuni Waterfall and Coffee Plantation
7:30 AM 8:00 AM
4:00 PM 5:00 PM
- Age Range 5 - 90 (Years Old)
First, you will visit the waterfalls, which are around 40minite walk away. On the way, you guide will inform you about the culture of the Chagga, village life and explain the surrounding fauna and flora. The views are truly breathtaking and with some luck you will see the summit of Kilimanjaro. When you reach the waterfall, you will see that they are more than 80 meters high. The pool to the bottom of the waterfall is inviting places for refreshing swims so don’t forget swimwear.
After having enjoyed the scenery, you slowly return with your guide to Materuni village, where you will experience a traditional chagga lunch. You also have opportunity to taste our local banana beer definitely not to be missed.
But that not all.
Next, the coffee experience awaits you, here you will learn how Coffee is cultivated, dried, roasted, and further processed. You will also be invited to help with the grinding of the coffee, which is traditionally accompanied by chagga songs and dances- a fun way to immerse yourself in the local culture. Before you say goodbye and return in the afternoon to Moshi, you can savor the coffee you made and appreciate the views of the surrounding rainforest
Materuni is the home of the chagga tribe and is still an authentic tribal village. This charming place is just 15km away from Moshi Town and is the last village before the Kilimanjaro National Park. Upon arrival you will register at the village office and your trip can begin
• Entry fee
• Picnic lunch
• Transport to and from the Materuni waterfall
• Drinking water
• Professional guide
• Personal items (e.g. cameras, visa, and travel insurance)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Pre/post accommodation and airport transfers (booking is available upon request).
• Tips for your guide Industry recommendation is $20 to your guide divided by everyone in the vehicle.
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 2 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 3 day(s) prior departure
Good To Know
Suggestions on things to bring
Extra binoculars, camera, sunglasses, hat and sunscreen, mosquito repellent, warm clothes for your early morning
Communicate with Alpine chat adventure
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.