ASHANTI CULTURE & CRAFT TOUR 3 DAYS
- Days 03 Private Tour Available
- From ₹ 164,775.00
About this activity
- Instant Booking
- Free Cancellation Free cancellation up to 30 day(s) prior departure, after which the tour cancellation policy applies Learn More.
- Duration:3 Day(s)
- Expedition Tours
- Nature Tours
- Travel StylePremium
- Guiding Type: Live Guide/Instructor
- Guide Language
- Tour Vibe Active
- Recommended For
- For Art Lovers
- Accra - Kumasi Road
Airport View HotelFrom: To:
10:21 AM 11:22 AM
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: Please give me specific location or meeting point for pick upFrom: To:
12:22 PM 2:22 PM
- Age Range 15 - 70 (Years Old)
Visit the capital of the famed Ashanti Kingdom of Gold in Kumasi, the Ashanti King still settles disputes at Manhyia Palace. See the legendary Okomfo Anokye Sword, and tour craft villages specializing in woodworking and fabrics.
HIGHLIGHTS: Manhyia Palace Museum Kumasi Central Market In the morning, depart Accra to Kumasi, the capital of the Ashanti Kingdom. Kumasi was founded in 1695 by the Asantehene (King) Osei Tutu. Palaces, forts, museums and churches provide a distinct backdrop for important festivals and ceremonies which are still of high importance to the people of Ashanti. Visit the Manhyia Palace and Museum where you will learn the history of the Ashantis. The Ashanti forms the biggest population group in Ghana. For centuries they were the rulers in this region because of their well-organized society. At Manhyia Palace, disputes are still settled in accordance with centuries-old customs where the King has the final word. Continue to Kumasi Central Market, the largest open market in West Africa where more than 10,000 vendors sell their wares, from food to herbs, to beauty products and crafts. Return to hotel. Hotel – Accommodation
HIGHLIGHTS: The 3 Craft villages of Ahwiaa, Ntonso and Bonwire After breakfast, visit Ashanti craft villages starting with the woodcarving village of Ahwiaa, known for the talented craftsmen who fashion royal stools, walking sticks and fertility dolls. Our second village is Ntonso, where artisans’ hand-stamp patterns on cotton cloth to make Adinkra textiles that are worn for funerals and other solemn occasions. Finally, we visit Bonwire, where the famous Kente Cloth is handmade on looms in a time-honored tradition passed down through generations. Overnight in Kumasi
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
|Accra||1||Hotel||Airport View Hotel||3 Star||Private|
|Kumasi||1||Hotel||Nodal Hotel||2 Star||Private|
Meals as indicated in itinerary.
- Private Vehicle
We will take a mini bus which will move us from the hotel to the tour centers and also do some walking when we get to the centers. Chauffeured air-conditioned car or SUV. Clients can specify as tours can be customized to clients specification.
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival.
- Assistance at departure
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Transportation in private vehicle
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Admission to all listed sites and institutions
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Extra Services
- Airfare to/from Ghana.
- Meals not listed.
- Hotel / Accommodation
- Immunization. (Yellow Fever Required, Malaria Prophylactics Recommended)
- Travel insurance.
- Gratuity to driver and guide.
As we emerge from lock down and West Africa starts to reopen our borders for international travel; we begin to move towards operating our holidays once again, we are adopting a series of important measures to keep our clients and colleagues safe.
Your health and safety are our main priority. Our company will is adapting, and reassessing protocols daily based on current government and world health organization’s advice, guidelines and our industries best practice. As a Travel Tour Guid am a Destination Management Company registered with the Ghana Tourism Authority, we have outlined additional information for our cherished clients below.
Prior to departure
Prior to travel, we will let you know of any specific requirements for entry into your destination country. We will also let you know of expected screening requirements at arrival and departure airports, and of any specific health requirements relating to Covid-19.
If you, or someone that you have been in close contact with, is displaying symptoms of Covid-19, you MUST NOT TRAVEL under any circumstances. This applies in the 14 days prior to your scheduled departure.
Please be aware that Travel insurance – Covid-19 cover is now available with some insurers.
Most policies will provide Covid-19 cover for cancellation prior to travel, for curtailment of your trip and medical expenses whilst overseas.
What to expect during air travel
For detailed guidance, please visit your chosen airlines official website for up to date information. Please remember that this way of travel will be new to everyone! If you are unsure about anything or feel uneasy, drop us an email or if already travelling just ask a member of the airport staff. They are there to help.
- On arrival at the airport when passing through immigration and customs please use the hand sanitizers provide at the arrival halls prior to meeting your guide and driver. Our team will also have sanitized their hands and the vehicle prior to your arrival and meeting you.
- Face coverings/masks currently are always to be worn when out in public places
- We have been working closely with our accommodation providers locally, and you will see many new measures in place as a result, including amended arrival and check-out processes, hand sanitisers located around the hotel, enhanced cleaning measures, and changes to restaurant set ups.
- Rooms are regularly sanitised, and we are no longer able to offer room sharing with other tour participants, unless you know each other and are travelling together.
- When travelling in any of our vehicles we will reduce the capacity to ensure everyone has a spare seat next to them. If you are on a private tour travelling with family or friends in your (bubble), then this would not be necessary. You will be asked to keep to the same seat during the course of each day and to then rotate the following day. Your dedicated driver will clean the vehicle thoroughly at the end of each day as well as sanitising door handles during the course of the day. Social distancing requirements at the time of travel may mean that you will be required to wear a face covering during travel.
- Whenever our team members are preparing and handling food, utmost care will be taken with regard to hygiene. Meals will be eaten outside wherever possible. If we eat inside, we will ensure that there is sufficient space between place settings.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout all of our tours (though please ensure you bring a good supply yourself too), and we will enable regular hand-washing during the course of the day wherever possible.
- We ask you to respect minimum social distancing at all times which is currently 1 meter where possible.
Tours By Kormi staff will be following Covid-19 guidelines and protocols for their safety, the safety of our participants and the public
As we get used to the new norm, many of the above guidelines may seem daunting but, they will have little to no effect on the enjoyment of your time travelling with us. Most locations we visit are in remote locations and we are sure these guidelines will reduce over time and travellers will make many second nature.
Tour Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation up to 30 day(s) prior departure, Or traveler will pay 20 % of the tour amount
Tour Date Change Policy
Tour Date can be changed 30 day(s) prior departure
Communicate with TOURS BY KORMI
- 1. Your enquiry is sent directly to the company.
- 2. They will reply to your own email, from where you can continue the conversation.